Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bored with your Workouts?

Are you getting bored with your fitness routines? Well, I am. Even trainers need to switch things up every once in awhile. It's important to changes and try new things before the boredom gets so bad that you decide to quit; especially during the winter months when all anyone wants to is stay at home and out of the cold.

Here are a couple things that I am going to try and one that I have decided to rediscover.

  • Kemetic Yoga. I have done yoga before, but never Kemetic Yoga. The first thing that drew me to this class is the word Kemetic, it's root is Kemet which translates to Ancient Egypt. I have always had a love for Ancient Egypt, and I have the tattoos to prove it. SO needless to say, when I heard about this class the first thing I thought was "I have to check it out!". Here is the description of the class from the flyer: "Come and experience the yoga of the ancient Egyptians. Kemet is the original name of the enchanted land of ancient Egypt. Kemetic yoga aims to harmonize the energy center of the body through the cultivation of life force as well as incorporating a series of postures aimed at enhancing balance physically and spiritually. Kemetic yoga also promotes the consumption of raw/living food and we will treat you to a snack at the end of class!" Interesting! :) and only $10 a class.
  • Indoor Rock Climbing. I am not the most coordinated person you'll ever meet, and I wouldn't be surprised if I fall off a lot, but I'm super excited to learn how to climb! It's a chance to learn something new and exercise at the same time. I found this great place in my area that offers beginners class for $30, and that includes all the gear needed.
  • Pilates. When I first started my weight loss journey I did pilates at lest 3x a week. It really helped me build confidence and muscle. So when I saw that the same place that's offering the Kemetic Yoga classes is also offering Pilates for $10 a class, I decided that this would definetly kick me back into gear!!

So if your feeling lethargic and bored with your workout routines, just get out there and learn something new. Step out of your comfort zone, break through those boundries, and get back to work(ing out)!!

I will post more on these classes as I begin participating in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment